Due to a high call volume we request that everyone read the below FAQ's before booking or calling the golf shop. Please note that all our actions during this time are entirely based on safety. We appreciate your patience, cooperation and respect as this allows us to remain open and offer a safe experience for both our guests and staff.
Hours of Operation
The golf course is open year round, weather dependent.
Hours of operation are sunrise to sunset. Golfers MUST be off the golf course 20 minutes after sunset.
FPG CARDHOLDER TEE TIMES: If you are a cardholder you must call 800-460-0010 to book your tee time at the cardholder rate. To book online, you must login with the same email on file with your FPG Card. Once you do so, you will see the discounted FPG rates and will book your tee time and pay at the golf shop.
1. Do you have tee times available and are singles allowed? Please click here to view available tee times and to book. Note that ALL online tee times booked at the public rate are prepaid. Single golfers will be paired up with existing tee times with less than 4 golfers. Single golfers cannot book new times.
Please note: Tee times are open for up to four golfers. If you do not book all four spots, you may be paired up with other players. Social distancing will be required while playing.
Golfers booking prepaid walking tee times may purchase golf cart fees at the golf shop during check-in.
Golfers booking prepaid riding tee times will not be refunded if the golfer decides to walk, a pull cart can be requested at no charge.
Golf Cart/Golfboard Usage:
MUST be 18 years of age to drive a golf cart, proof of ID may be required, no exceptions. Each golfer is required to pay cart fee if riding in golf cart.
All persons using golf carts must follow all golf cart rules and signs. Golf carts must be on cart path around all tees and greens. Failure to follow these policies will result in loss of golf cart privileges and/or removal from course.
Golfboards must be used by persons over the age of 18. Anyone under 18 MUST have a parent/guardian sign a waiver to use a golfboard. Golfboard usage requires golf cart payment in addition to the golfboard fee. Golfboards must be on cart path around all tees and greens.
Per the Governors order we are allowing the sharing of golf carts. Where possible we will accommodate requests for single rider carts, but these requests far exceed our ability to accommodate them. Players who must have a single rider cart to enjoy their round should confirm in advance one will be available by calling the pro shop. Single Rider carts are allowed based upon availability, cannot be reserved, and will require an additional 9 hole cart fee. We are sorry we cannot accommodate all requests, but due to the limited size of cart fleets this simply is not possible. Where possible and at great expense we have added carts to our fleets, but availability of golf carts is extremely limited at this time. Guests with cart sharing concerns are encouraged to walk.
2. How early should I arrive before my tee time? We request that you arrive 30 minutes before your tee time. You are permitted to arrive earlier if needed.
Rainchecks can be issued for any reason. Rainchecks are not offered for twilight tee times, times may vary in winter months. Rainchecks issued are for a dollar value and not a number of holes. Rainchecks are prorated per hole based on the dollar amount the golfer paid at check-in and expire at the end of the year they were issued.
4. Is the driving range or practice facilities open? Yes, the putting green is open. No driving range is on the property.
5. Are you serving food? We are serving food and beverage options to enjoy while at the golf course.
6. Can we bring our own beer or food? Absolutely no outside alcohol is allowed on property. You will be asked to leave if you bring any.
7. What merchandise is available for purchase? Our golf shop is stocked and open with essential items you may need for your round.
8. What are our safety procedures and what can you expect when you are on site? Please review our safety procedures.
9. Can I use gift of golf, coupons, vouchers or other promotional discounts? To redeem any previously issued vouchers or certificates, please call the golf shop directly to book your tee time.
10. Are Youth on Course rounds accepted right now? We are accepting Youth on Course rounds on a WALK UP ONLY basis. Youth on Course is valid after 12pm on weekdays and after 2pm on weekends. YOC is a walking rate, golfer may ride if playing with a full paying golfer riding. If a tee time is made, the YOC will not be extended and the public rate will be charged. Please call the Golf Shop to check availability.
11. How do I cancel my tee time and get a refund? Prepaid rounds are eligible for a refund if they are cancelled more than 24 hours in advance. Tee times canceled less than 24 hours in advance are non-refundable. If your round is cancelled due to weather, your rounds will be rescheduled to future dates if not refunded.
12. Do I have to follow all rules regarding distancing, closures and occupancy? Yes, all rules, including but not limited to social distancing, are non-negotiable. If you do not follow the rules you will be asked to leave the property. Compliance is mandatory. We are very serious about safety and no exceptions will be made.